Obtaining DUNS (Dun & Bradstreet) and CCR (Central Contractor Registration) Numbers

Under the revised ForeignFunding Accountibility and Transparency Act (FFATA) foreign subrecipients under Federal awards issued after 10/1/10 receiving over $25,000 must now have a DUNS # and CCR registration for federal regulatory compliance and reporting purposes.


What are they?

DUNS – Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) provides a free D-U-N-S Number (Data Universal Numbering System), a unique nine digit identification number, for each physical location of a business.

CCR– the Central Contractors Registration is the official, free on-line registrant database for the U.S. Government.  CCR collects, validates, stores and disseminates data in support of agency acquisition and award missions. They require four items for registration.  Once registered, CCR will issue a CAGE #.


How do they get them?

**NOTE:  Applications should be done by the sub but JHSPH can assist, if necessary.

In case they need direction on how to obtain a DUNS # and CCR registration, here is the link for international registrants:


All the related links/forms they need are on this site.

Note: An entity must FIRST get its DUNS Number before it can register on CCR.

DUNS numbers should be sent to the listed contacts within two weeks so they need to plan ahead.  If for some reason, there are problems, contact ccrhelp@dnb.com or 866-705-5711.